Monday, May 5, 2008

Oldies but Goodies

I went to lunch Saturday with 21 of my High School "Girlfriends". We had so much fun!
We all were a few pounds overweight, some of us more than others. Most of us still dye
our hair. Vickki has pure white hair and looks 20 years older than the rest of us. Most of
us are still married to our first husbands. Two have been divorced and remarried. And
2 lost their husbands to cancer and have not remarried. Most of us have between 6 and 12
grandkids and of course, we all had pictures. Mine were the cutest!!!
We probably haven't seen each other in over 10 years and yet we all sat there and visited
with each other for 3 hours. It was like we just picked up where we left offf 10 years ago.
We also decided that as fast as we are dying off, we better meet every year from now on.
Mobid thought, huh? But 2 of our classmates died last week. Unbelievable!!
Anyway, it was a blast and I had looked forward to it all week. I forgot my camera, of
course. But just picture me times 20 with different hair, eye color, clothes, etc.
It's FHE group tonight and I will remember to take my camera.

10 comments:

Keli said...

So what are we doing for FHE?

I'm glad you had a good girlfriends night. I bet the Mimi's servers were glad to see you leave! I know how rowdy you can get!

Larissa said...

That's so cool to meet up with friends you haven't seen for a while. I think it's a great idea to meet every year. And, of course, you have the cutest grandkids. Do you think anyone else thought that deep inside? Nahhhh!!!

Jill Johnson said...

I can't even think of 20 friends I knew in high school that I would know how to get ahold of. You rock!!

Kelli said...

Who are you kidding...You have been looking forward to this for the past couple of months. Not just a week. Glad you had fun.

Meg & Josh said...

How fun! How did the "I'm only 30" M&Ms go over?

You ALWAYS forget your camera!!

Nunn said...

The M & M's were a HUGE hit!! And they really liked the OLD jokes I told better. Like this one: Old is when you go braless and it pulls the wrinkles out of your face!! Or Old is when your husband says let's go upstairs and make love and you say pick one, I can't do them both!!

Jill Johnson said...

Oh Mom! You had me crying over the old jokes. That is great! Did Stevie go?

Keli said...

Oh, gross. Lay off the sex jokes, mmkay?

;)

How is Stevie?

Nunn said...

Stevie ended up not being able to go because she had some "female" type surgery on Tuesday. She is doing good. We went over Friday night and saw her and I talked to her today and she's doing fine. She just has to recuperate. You don't like those "Sex" jokes, eh. My friends loved them!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

That is awesome you had lunch with your old friends! How fun to catch up and see what different experiences everyone has had.